By Joachim Jacob
Last week, Nobuyoshi Noji, Editor, Department of military aviation magazine "J-Wings", Ikaros Publications Ltd, 2-3 Ichigaya Honmura-chou Shinjuku-ku Tokyo, Japan, asked me for cooperation in support of their upcoming new A-10 book.
This book will be one of the "famous military aircrafts of the world" series and it's scheduled to be published in October 2011.
Here's a short content preview:
- Mechanical feature of the A-10 (by Yoshitomo Aoki, aviation journalist)
Outline of aircraft, spec and performance, airframe structure, cockpit, maneuvering system, avionics equipment, engine and engine layout, weapon system and so on.
- Explanation on each type (Yoshitomo Aoki) A-10, YA-10B(N/AW), A-10C
- Unit deployment from 1976 to present (Toyokazu Matsuzaki, aviation journalist)
- Mission analysis (Kazuho Hamada, military journalist) CAS, BAI, COIN, FAC, CSAR.
- History of development (Yoshitomo Aoki)
- History of wartime activities (Toyokazu Matsuzaki)
- Interview of A-10 pilot (Ted Carlson)
- Time-line (Chronology)
If anyone wants to support this book with photos or any other infos, please contact me via e-mail. I will forward your offers to Nobuyoshi Noji.